Welcome to Middle Tennessee Locally Grown Market!
Middle Tennessee Locally Grown is a project of local farmers and artisans who wish to better serve you, the local community. The project is modeled after successful on-line farmers’ markets across the country. We are offering a new approach to the traditional Saturday morning community Farmers’ Markets, connecting local farmers and customers with the convenience of online ordering of the fresh products of our area. We believe that the small farm can make a difference, and that the community can aid the small farm in this effort.
Although not a true cooperative, we use cooperative efforts to achieve steady and dependable means of supplying the highest quality produce and other products. That good old-fashioned community-building, friendly experience you enjoy in a bustling local farmers’ market has now been combined with modern internet technology to better serve you! We are confident that this will be a useful way for you to connect with local food producers.
Supporting your local farmers and artisans has now been made easy:
- on Thursdays in Manchester between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. under the big pavilion with signs that say “Coffee County Farmers Market.” It’s behind the Farm Bureau building on Main Street, and across the street from the Manchester City Schools administration building, at 216 East Fort St, Manchester.
- Or on Fridays in Tullahoma between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. inside “Nature’s Elite”, next to Dunham’s Sporting Goods, in the Cherokee Square Shopping Center on North Jackson Street in Tullahoma.
Please note: Select your pickup location on the drop-down menu so your order will be at the right location for you. If these pickup times are inconvenient for you, we will be glad to deliver to your home (or other location) on Friday. Please place an order for “Delivery” on the market, if you would like this service, for which there will be a fee varying by location.
(Photo Left) Facing west, with the Main Street church of Christ building behind, and Hwy 41 in the distance.
(Photo Right) Facing east, with the railroad tracks in the background, the square behind me, and the Farm Bureau Insurance building on the right.
Click on the maps for larger views
Join Middle Tennessee Locally Grown Today!
Buy local produce from Middle Tennessee!
Read our Customer Agreement
Let your local farmers provide you with:
- fresh fruits & vegetables
- country eggs
- naturally raised meats
- artisan baked goods
- beautiful garden plants
- herb plants
- specialty cut flowers
- special handmade gifts
- local honey in season
- pet food
- soaps, lotions, and more!
By buying fresh, locally produced foods, you are not only supporting the better health of you and your family. You will also:
- Enhance local economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses.
- Save natural resources: Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials. Also, we are right here in your community so the expense of transportation and delivery is kept to a minimum.
- Provide learning opportunities: Locally Grown supporters provide member growers the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
- Support a way of life: The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.
Please be sure to select your pickup location on the drop-down menu so your order will be in the right location for you!
From 4:00 until 5:30 p.m. on Thursday in Manchester, under the big pavilion on Fort Street with signs that say “Coffee County Farmers Market.” It’s behind the Farm Bureau building on Main Street, and across the street from the Manchester City Schools administration building, 215 East Fort St, Manchester.
Or on Fridays from 4:00 until 5:00 p.m. in Tullahoma, inside “Nature’s Elite”, next to Dunham’s Sporting Goods, in the Cherokee Square Shopping Center on North Jackson Street in Tullahoma.
If these pickup times are inconvenient for you, we will be glad to deliver your order to your home on Thursday or Friday. Please place an order for “Delivery” on the market, if you would like this service, for which there will be a fee varying by location.
Purchasing Local Foods and Products Through the Market
Unlike other co-ops, buying clubs, or CSAs where everyone gets the same box of stuff (and you don’t know what you’re getting until you get it), with Locally Grown you get to order what you want, in the quantities that you want, from the farms that you want. The weekly email lists the produce, milled products, fresh flowers, and artisan goods available that week, and you can browse the items on this website before you place your order.
Placing OrdersEach Sunday, an e-mail is sent to everyone with an active account announcing that the Market is open for ordering. Customers are invited to place their order for the week through the website, any time from 8 a.m. Sunday to Tuesday at 10 p.m.
Growers and producers receive their orders Tuesday evening, so that on Wednesday and Thursday they can harvest or make the products that were actually ordered.
Picking Up OrdersCustomers will pick up their orders at one of two specified locations:
Gift Certificates are also available!If you would like to purchase a gift of health and flavor, please consider a Locally Grown gift certificate. You can decide the amount and the lucky recipient can purchase locally grown farm products!
by Frontier Family Farm
by Dogwood Valley Greenhouse
Join us in nourishing your connection to your community with food, plants, flowers,
and hand-made products you trust from farmers and artisans you know!
Come Grow with Us!
To join, first read the Customer Agreement. Print and sign a copy to submit when you pick up your first order. Then create an account by going to the “Your Account” page of this website; or contact the market manager at email@example.com or at (931) 273 – 9708.
Once you have an account, you will be notified by e-mail each Sunday with a list of available products, and you will be able to place your orders on the website from then till the following Tuesday at 10:00 p.m.
This market is over 5 years old, and we expect to grow and change along with community needs. We love hearing from you, and we appreciate any feedback on how we can better serve you.